After all the big build-up to this procedure, they put Guillermo under this morning, took him in to start the procedure, and their imaging equipment didn’t work! My first question was, “Didn’t they check that beforehand?”. Maybe they did. I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I know firsthand just how unreliable technology can be, and how frustrating it can be too.

It’s a major letdown to have to wait even longer for the first part of the process, we were all so eager to have some concrete information about his condition, and what the next step would be. The procedure is supposed to now happen either on Saturday or Tuesday. If it’s Saturday they’re going to just keep him in the hospital; if it’s Tuesday, he’ll be released and come back on Monday.

When we know more, we’ll be sure to let you know too. In the meantime, please just keep us all in your prayers. Guillermo now has an i.v. in and he really hates that, so pray for comfort for him, and stamina for the staff who have to try and keep him in good spirits.